Products & Services
At Infinity Orthotic Centre, our speciality is custom made foot orthotics. We provide orthotics of unmatched quality and craftsmanship using the very best quality materials available.
Our Certified Pedorthists are extensively trained on casting procedures and subsequent manufacturing that best suits the needs and wants of the client. We offer several different device styles, each manufactured to suit a specific need.
The dual density product is a tried and true orthotic device style; its roots extending back to the early days of orthotic design. Utilizing a dual layered shell material, the dual density offers an accommodative, flexible and comfortable solution to orthotic treatment. There is a reason this device is still fabricated forty years later.
There are several things to consider when fabricating a device for sport; weight, structure and function being most critical. The EFM (extra-firm-material) sport device was created to offer lightweight, low profile functional support that can be inserted into all varieties of sport footwear.
In cases where volume becomes a concern for athletes, the sport impact device is ideal. It offers a ¾ length low profile design with uncompromising support for any sport application. Made of a co-polymer compound, this device is as strong as the athlete utilizing the product.
At Infinity Orthotic Centre, we carry a full line of compression socks and stockings to suit every need of every client. Compression stockings are a relatively new therapy under the umbrella term of Compression Therapy. Primarily used in instances of vascular insufficiency, graduated compression has been correlated with reduced leg fatigue through improved circulation. Historically worn by an older demographic for issues such as varicose veins, new research has found benefits associated to sport populations as well, improving the efficiency of the calf muscle pump to return deoxygenated blood back to the heart which reduces lactic acid build up.
How do I know what stockings are best for my lifestyle? Our Certified Canadian Pedorthists will be able to assist you in determining which socks are ideal for your particular situation. Compression Therapy follows a uniform format; compression is highest at the ankle and linearly decreases as it rises up the lower leg. However, there are varying degrees of compression available to suit the individual needs of the client. Compression stockings are grouped into 2 categories: medical and non-medical grades.
How much compression do I need? There is no direct answer to how much compression is needed for every case, unless otherwise prescribed by a referring physician. Instead, at Infinity Orthotic Centre, we begin by highlighting an appropriate range of compression based upon where we feel you would best benefit.
The following are several educational resources on compression therapy:
As Canadian Certified Pedorthists, we are educated to view the body from the ground up believing that the foot is the foundation to all other movements occurring in the body. This fact highlights the importance that footwear can play in our daily lives. A vast majority of society believes that if you have foot pain, orthotics are the only solution. This is not the case.
We believe that both orthotic treatment and footwear equally make up 99% of the treatment plan; therefore both treatment factors are interdependent on the other to improve treatment success. A good orthotic is only as good as the shoe it is placed in. The other 1% accounts for extrinsic variables outside the control of a Pedorthist which may require further medical attention.
Recognizing the critical importance high quality footwear plays in effective Pedorthic treatment, Infinity Orthotic Centre always assesses our client’s footwear. Wear patterns on a shoe can tell us many things, such as if the client pronates or supinates for example. To learn more about pronation and supination, refer to the education tab at the top of each page.
One of the many aspects at Infinity Orthotic Centre that separates our clinic from the rest is our line of orthopedic bracing options carried in-store. Off the shelf orthopaedic bracing is an economical way to limit mobility in the instance of recovery or to reintroduce guided mobility in the instance of returning to normal ambulation. If you are currently dealing with osteoarthritis at any of the major joints in the lower limb and/or have just undergone lower limb joint replacement surgery, you may benefit from introducing orthopedic bracing.
Infinity Orthotic Centre carries DonJoy and Bauerfeind products – both companies known for quality and innovation. Our Certified Pedorthist’s are thoroughly educated on the proper sizing and fitting of orthopaedic bracing and will be sure to aid in your recovery.
Follow the link below to view DonJoy’s product lines and educational videos.
Follow the link below to view Bauerfeind’s product lines.